Will the Boston Marathon be canceled because of the coronavirus? This is a question on the mind of many runners. Along with many other races, the running world has had to change, postpone, or cancel races because of the corona virus. What marathons have been cancelled because of coronavirus? Here is a list, as of the time of publishing, of running races and marathons that have been canceled or posted because of coronavirus.
What races are canceled because of the coronavirus?
(* Signifies that it was added to list after initial publishing)
* Boston Marathon, postponed until September 15
* Virgin Money London Marathon, postponed to October 4
* Rock n Roll DC postponed until fall with only the half and 5k distances being offered
* Carlsbad 5000, postponed
* Madrid Marathon and Half Marathon, April 26, postponed to November 15
* NYC Half, cancelled
* Oakland Running Festival in CA, cancelled
* Malden Half in MA, postponed
* Vienna City Half Marathon, Cancelled
* Corvallis Half Marathon, Oregon, postponed
* Catalina Island Marathon, 10k and 5k, Postponed
* Seabrook Lucky Trails Running Weekend, Cancelled
* Kirkland Shamrock Run (5km)March 14, changed to a virtual race only
* Lisbon Half from postponed from 3/22 to 9/6
* St. Patricks’s Day 5k, San Diego Cancelled
* Nagoya Marathon and Women’s Marathon, Cancelled
* San Diego Half Marathon, Relay and 5k, turned to a virtual run
* Nike LA 13.1, Cancelled
* Cyrpus Marathon Cancelled
* Tacoma St. Patty’s Day Run Cancelled
* Canyon Lands Cancelled
* All American Marathons, North Carolina Cancelled
* Tobacco Road, North Carolina Cancelled
* Big Dam Run Cancelled
Tokyo Marathon on March 1, restricted to elite runners.
Paris Half Marathon on March 1 postponed to Sept. 6.
Nagoya Women’s Marathon on March 8, restricted to elite runners.
Rome Half Marathon on March 8 canceled.
New Taipei City Marathon in Taiwan on March 15 canceled.
Suzhou Half Marathon in China on March 15 canceled.
Barcelona Marathon on March 15 postponed to Oct. 25.
Seoul Marathon on March 22 canceled.
Chongqing International Marathon in China on March 22 canceled.
Wuxi Marathon in China on March 22 canceled.
Rome Marathon on March 29 canceled.
Paris Marathon on April 5 postponed to Oct. 18.
Milan Marathon in Italy on April 5 postponed.
Daegu International Marathon in South Korea on April 5 canceled.
Kyiv Half Marathon in Ukraine on April 5, no foreign runners.
Wuhan Marathon in China on April 12 canceled.
Pyongyang Marathon in North Korea on April 12 canceled.
Yangzhou Jianzhen International Half Marathon in China on April 12 postponed.
Dongying International Marathon in China on April 26 canceled.
New Bedford Half Marathon, canceled
Run Local Shamrock Run March 15 San Jose, CA, canceled
Holyoke St. Patrick’s Parade, Road Race, canceled
Do you know of a race that isn’t included on this list? Email me at email@example.com and let me know and I will add it.
While future running events are uncertain I encourage you to stay up to date by following races online for current information.
As a running community there are things we can do to help keep ourselves healthy. If you are at the gym please remember to wipe down your machine, and not just with your towel. Wash your hands with soap. Don’t blow snot rockets. Cough in your elbow if you have to cough.
Here is another post with more information:
Want to read some more running related posts? Here are link to some you might like:
Want to come back to back to this? Pin it for later.