It is that time of year again! It is back to school! Woohoo! (kinda)
Here is a little survival guide I put together for you amazing parents who survived another summer.
1. Make sure your car has a full tank of gas, because along with back to school comes extra playdates, soccer practice, last minute run to Office Max for paper to finish a report that your little procrastinated waited to finish, grocery shopping trips to pack endless lunches, dance class and of course that friend who never has a ride that you just HAVE to take home mom.
2. You will need a box of Kleenex. This will come in handy for one of two reasons, 1. your child will come home crying because some little bully will be mean to your child or 2. your child will come home with a cold from germs they got from some other kid. Either way, you need that box of Kleenex.
3. Mommy Juice…no seriously, this wine is called Mommy Juice. Why do you need it? Because it is 5 o’clock somewhere.
4. A new pair of running shoes. You need these to help burn of some of those extra calories from all the kid snacks you ate during the summer.
5. The Urban Dictionary- Your child will most likely come home saying multiple words that make no sense to you because let’s face it, there is a generation gap at times. You can look them up and seem like a super hip parent for knowing the word…or punish your child for inappropriate slang language.
6. Last but not least a big huge supply of calm. There will be times when you get frustrated with their algebra homework or just listening to what seems like mindless drama about some other child who really doesn’t matter, but to your child it does matter. Listen and remember that you are a mom and are the rock in your child’s life. Go get ’em tiger!
Happy back to school to all of us who will now have a little more time on our hands to catch up on everything in life that didn’t get attended to over the summer. 🙂