At the end of the Tinker Bell Half Meet-up we had the amazing pleasure of a cooking demonstration right there at the Napa Rose kitchen! Below is the delicious recipe.
Black Bean Chipotle Cakes
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Black bean chipotle cakes
2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, drained well
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon minced canned chipotles in adobo, plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from can
1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
Cornmeal for dredging
Vegetable oil for frying
1/2 pound plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
1 small red onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, zested and juiced
3/4 cup olive oil
For black bean chipotle cakes:
1. Combine the black beans, garlic, egg, bell pepper, jalapeño (if using), bread crumbs, cilantro, chipotles, lime zest, salt, and cumin in a large bowl. Lightly mash the mixture with a potato masher, leaving about half of the beans whole. Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
2. Form mixture into 8 (3-inch-wide) patties, using a circular mold if desired. Place the cornmeal in a shallow bowl; carefully dredge the patties in cornmeal, pressing lightly to adhere.
3. Pour oil to 1/4 inch in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, panfry the patties until crisp on the outside and heated through, about 3 minutes per side.
For tomato-cilantro salsa:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and oil. Stir to combine.
1. Place two black bean cakes on each of four plates. Top with salsa.
Chef Mickey Treasures from the Vault & Delicious New Favorites
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens.
The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.,
and may not be reproduced without express permission