This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturalGoodness #CollectiveBias
I was inspired by Earth Month and got an idea for an all natural gift basket as a Mother’s Day present for mom. I think most moms these days strive to make their households as green and natural as they can. Why not give them a gift basket of great products for not only themselves, but the whole family. Here are some ideas for an all natural gift basket.
1. Homemade All Natural Body Butter- Give them the gift of body butter with a piece of mind. No added perfumes, coloring, or chemicals. Here is a recipe a friend has used and given me. It works really well.
½ cup olive oil or or almond oil
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup beeswax
And here are some options: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil, 2 tablespoons Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter, and/or Essential Oils.
2. Tom’s of Maine Natural Toothepaste- There are a lot of things that are out of my control, but providing natural products for my family is something that I have total control over in my home. Using natural toothpaste is one of the most important things to me. Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry™ Fluoride Toothpaste, Antiplaque & Whitening Peppermint Fluoride Free Toothpaste, and Whole Care® Peppermint and Spearmint Fluoride Toothpaste are great additions to a natural gift basket. Tom’s of Maine product contain no artificial colors, flavors, fragrances, or preservatives. It is already a struggle to get my 5 year old to brush her teeth, but she loves the Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry toothpaste. It is actually the ONLY toothpaste she will use. Why not share this with another mom to help make her life a little easier.
The Tom’s of Maine products are easy to find. I get them at Walmart. Here is a $1.00 off coupon for Tom’s of Maine at Walmart.
3. Cloth Reusable Snack Bags- Break out the sewing machine and whip up some super easy reusable snack bags. They reduce waste and are super cute too! Don’t sew? Don’t worry! There are companies that sell them as well as crafty people on Etsy. Be sure to use an all natural fabric and you can coat the fabric with beeswax for an easier surface to wipe clean.
4. Herbal Tea- I love a nice cup of tea. All natural, calming, and delicious. Tea makes a great addition to an all natural gift basket.
5. Homemade Peppermint Foot Scrub- Great for any mom, but as a runner I really appreciate foot scrub. This recipe is very easy to make. All you need is:
Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil
Take 1 cup granulated sugar and gradually add your favorite olive oil or coconut oil until you have a slightly wet, but grainy consistency. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil. Put the scrub in a cute glass jar. It is a great present, but also all natural and homemade. It is a win win.
6. Tom’s of Maine Long Lasting Apricot Deodorant- Have you ever read what chemicals some companies add into deodorant? Give the gift of natural deordarant in her gift basket. Tom’s of Maine Long Lasting Apricot is my favorite. It smells so good and contains not harsh chemicals.
7. Organic Spice Rub- Mix your favorite organic spices in an 8oz glass jar. Spice rubs are great for grilling or marinating. Here is a tried and true delicious rub recipe:
3 tbsp dried parsley flakes
3 tbsp seasoned salt
3 tbsp dried basil leaves
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp dried rosemary leaves
1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp sugar
Hopefully Earth Month has given you a little all natural inspiration and these ideas will get you started on a great gift basket for any mom in your life.
How do you incorporate green and natural living into your household?