I have been asked by a lot of people what my favorite part of the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration at Walt Disney World was this year. I can’t pick just one, so I decided to make a top 10 list. Here they are:
10. The Food- From the breakfast to the dinner, everything was delicious. One of my favorites was a cone of lobster mac ‘n cheese. YUM!
9. The Parties- First of all Disney sure knows how to throw a party for a large group. The welcome party was at Epcot between Canada and the United Kingdom. It was beautiful inside with chandeliers. I also loved the beach party. We kicked off our shoes and enjoyed a private beach bash on the shores in front of Beach Club.
8. All the Characters- When we picked up our welcome package Mickey was there! He was also at the welcome dinner along with Baymax and Rapunzel. The next night we got to meet Elsa and Anna as well as Stormtroopers! Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald even wore their beach attire for the beach bash. It was all so much fun.
7. Being Able To Bring My Family- It was Mother’s Day Weekend and being invited to this conference enabled me to bring my mom and sister along with us to Disney World. I normally never would’ve been able to accomplish this. For that I am forever grateful.
6. Seeing Pixar’s New Movie “Inside Out” and Hearing About It From Jonas Rivera!!!- Ok, so we didn’t see the very end, but taking my daughter to see a movie a month before it came out was pretty awesome. We are very excited to see it again (and the ending) June 19th when it comes out in the theater. Hearing about the 5 year process of how it was made and all the back stories from Jonas Rivera was THE COOLEST THING EVER!
5. Memory Maker– Riding Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with my husband, sister, and daughter is awesome, but having a picture to document it, priceless! Before I had Memory Maker I never realized they take a picture on Mine Train. I always thought it was weird that flashes went off on parts of the ride, but never saw any pictures. Now I know you need to check on the PhotoPass website. Memory Maker is totally worth it to get all the great family pictures.
4. Epcot IllumiNations Dessert Party- Our whole families got to join us for a special dessert viewing at the most prime location directly across from America on the waters edge. The desserts were so delicious! I’m still dreaming about them.
3. Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Ride Mount Video– How often do you get to enter a Disney park early, have a camera safely mounted on a ride for you, and then a professional video team put it all together with your video introduction? So cool!
2. My Daughter’s Reactions- I’m pretty sure that I scored some major “coolest mom ever” points in my daughter’s eyes. She LOVED it all. She made friends, ate delicious food, rode new rides, met a ton of fun characters, and of course danced until I was worried her little legs would fall off.
1. Friends- I have met some of the most amazing women on this blogging journey and it was the cherry on top of the sundae to have so many of them invited this year along with me. We got to enjoy this big celebration together. I attended the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration On The Road event in Berkeley, CA several years ago where I met most of these women and we have all stayed connected. Last year I attended the On The Road event in Phoenix. I see a lot of them more now than just conferences. We hook up for dinners, Disneyland dates, and of course races. Blogging BFF’s are awesome.
My entire family had a truly magical time and made memories that we will never forget.