Most people think gluten free cookies have to be dense and grainy, but that is not the case. I LOVE this sugar cookie recipe. I could seriously sit down and eat an entire plate of these…which I may or may not have done. 😉
We have no egg allergies in my house, but I am a cookie dough lover. The fact that this recipe is egg free makes sampling the raw cookie dough ok.
Half Crazy Mama’s Sugar Cookies
1 cup organic sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup almond milk
2 tsp. all natural vanilla
3/4 cup white rice flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp potato flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use a mixer to cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add the almond milk and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the white rice flour, coconut flour, potato flour, baking soda and baking powder.
5. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet ingredients as you continue to mix.
6. Place 1 inch balls of the dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly.
7. Bake until golden, approximately 10-14 minutes.
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Combine almond milk and vanilla.
2. Using a mixer slowly add the powdered sugar. It shouldn’t be super thin. If it is too thin then add more sugar, a little bit at a time. If you want colored frosting you can mix in a few drops of coloring at this time.
3. Drizzle on the top of cookies. Remember that it will harden slightly.
You can substitute real milk or soy milk instead of almond milk if you would like. You can also substitute non-hydrogenated oil margarine if you want instead of butter.
Do you love gluten free desserts?