Running a half marathon is the perfect distance (in my opinion, hence the blog name HALF Crazy Mama). So I thought I would put together a list of 10 reasons why you should run a half marathon, just in case you are on the fence about running one. Without further ado, here they are, 10 reasons why you should run a half marathon:
- Because running a half marathon is a huge accomplishment.
- Because training for a half marathon will be a great way to get in shape.
- Because running a half marathon burns roughly 1,900 calories.
- Because you will get a medal at the end! Duh!
- Because a half marathon is the second most popular race distance behind the 5k.
- Because 13.1 miles is the perfect distance. Long enough to feel exhausted, but not so long that you feel like you might die.
- Because you will forever be able to brag about running a half marathon.
- Because you might make some new friends in the process.
- Because you are capable of doing hard things.
- Because a half marathon is HALF the distance of a full marathon. 😉
13.1 can change your whole outlook on life. I know it sounds crazy, but I truly feel this way. Years ago I set out on a goal of running just ONE half marathon and said I would never run a full…and yada yada. Here I am though, 100+ half marathons, 30ish full marathons and countless other races deep. I have made so many friends on this journey and they are all amazing. I have been able to visit cities I probably wouldn’t have visited without having a race there and that has been incredible. My daughter has grown up with a love of running because she has watched me do it her whole life. She can’t wait for the day that she is deemed old enough to run a half marathon with me.
Have you ran a half marathon? Are you planning to run one? Do you think running a half marathon is crazy?
Here are some other posts you might life:
Do you love running content? Pin this on Pinterest!👇🏻