I am an official ambassador for Dole Fresh Fruit and Fresh Vegetables. I received compensation by Dole in exchange for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are my own.
“In honor of both Captain Marvel and March’s designation as Women’s History Month, Dole salutes these past and present champions of nutrition, health and wellness whose accomplishments allow us to do the work we do today,” said Melanie Marcus, MA, RD, Dole’s nutrition and health communications manager. Here are 10 tips for super hero women everywhere:
- Break the Fast. Get your metabolism going in the morning by eating a healthy breakfast with a mix of protein and fiber such as low-fat yogurt and fruit or an egg-white omelet with veggies.
- Keep Hydrated. Drink water and lots of it. Water helps manage hunger, prevents fatigue and keeps skin hydrated and looking fresh. Try floating sliced strawberries or pineapples in your water to keep flavors interesting throughout the day!
- Stretch It Out. Sneak in stretches throughout the day to boost circulation, ease back pain and help relieve stress.
- Be Prepared. Keep your blood sugar level steady with small healthy meals throughout the day. And think ahead by keeping protein packed snacks handy.
- Get Moving. Aim for 30 minutes of exercise per day to boost your mood, strengthen your heart and bones, and keep energy levels high.
- Focus on Fiber. Eat a variety of whole grains, fruit and vegetables including berries, broccoli and bananas. Fiber helps fill you up, keeps you regular and is good for heart health.
- Avoid Convenience Pitfalls. Snack on whole, minimally processed or packaged foods that are naturally lower in sugar and salt. Think unsalted nuts, whole fruits like bananas, and sliced veggies.
- Bone up. Include calcium-packed foods in your diet to prevent bone density loss. Good sources are tofu, almonds, white beans and low-fat dairy.
- Pump Up the Iron. Boost iron stores by filling up on plant-based, iron-filled foods like lentils and almonds. Enhance your iron absorption by topping off an iron-fortified cereal with vitamin C-rich berries.
- Set a sleep schedule and stick to a bedtime. Lack of sleep has been linked to several health problems including obesity.
Dole is fantastic at creating recipes that are fun, healthy, delicious, and creative uses for fruits and vegetables in ways I wouldn’t otherwise think of. My family always enjoys Dole’s recipes and these new ones are delicious! To help superheroes at all ages and stages in life boost their iron levels, Dole’s Wake Up Oats is an iron-rich cereal topped with Vitamin C-rich berries.
Another super-hero worthy recipe is Dole’s Sweet Apple Brussels and Lentils, which capitalizes on the iron-absorption powers of lentils and green vegetables.
Citing a study published in the American Psychological Association that found that women who ate five to seven servings of fruits and vegetables a day had a 23% lower risk of stress, try Dole’s Spicy Sweet Chili in Tortilla Bowls.
Dole will even bring Marvel into the produce aisle with limited-time, Captain Marvel-inspired DOLE Banana stickers and DOLE Pineapple hang tags featuring Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, Mar-Vell, Talos and Goose the Cat. Shoppers can find them in U.S. and Canadian supermarkets starting the week of Feb. 25.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over eighty years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, publishing, games, and digital media. For more information visit marvel.com. © 2019 MARVEL
For recipes, nutritional insights and other information about “Powering the Hero Within,” visit the website here. Use #DoleHero to follow alone on social.
Excited for Captain Marvel? I have a FUN giveaway to celebrate! One lucky reader will win a Captain Marvel-themed giveaway prize ($100 value) that includes: 1 Captain Marvel SuperHero Doll & Marvel’s Goose by Hasbro, Captain Marvel Popsocket, Captain Marvel Pewter Key Ring and four (4) movie tickets to see the film. Open to U.S. residents only. Ends April 26, 2019. Enter via the Rafflecopter widget form below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Marvel. Dole and Hasbro are the sole sponsors of these prizes, however the giveaway is solely owned, administered, solicited and operated by me. Half Crazy Mama is not responsible for prize fulfillment. One winner will be randomly selected using the Rafflecopter random selector and will be notified via email. Once notified, the winner will have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google. Void where prohibited. This disclosure is made in accordance with the FTC 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements.