Planning a trip to Disney World is absolutely magical. Telling your children they get to go to Disney World is a lifetime memory. Here are 7 ways to surprise your kids that they are going to Disney World.
1. Scavenger Hunt- Make clues which have them gather things like a bathing suit, a stuffed Mickey, good comfortable walking shoes, and have the final clue be that they need to pack these items to go to Disney World.
2. Jigsaw Puzzle- You can order your own custom made puzzle with a picture of Disney World or words that say “We are going to Disney World!” ShutterFly.com does great photo puzzles.
Don’t have time for a puzzle to be made? Order this blank one using Amazon Prime and then write out the message on it. Have the kids put the puzzle together for the surprise!
Or this awesome Disney World puzzle.
3. Word Jumble- Mix up all the letters of Disney World and have the kids work together to figure it out. P.S. “Weird Lonys” is not the answer.
5. Character Call- With some Disney vacation packages you get a redemption code for a character to call your child. There are other websites where you can pay to have a “character” call your child. For young ones who can’t read this is a really fun option.
6. Make A Video- Record a video that will reveal the surprise. Make a bowl of popcorn like it is movie night and sit down with the family to watch it. I always like the sneaky parents who hold up signs behind the kids back for a month and then play the video of what was going on right behind them and they didn’t even know.
7. Disney Themed Meal- Make a Disney World themed dinner including huge turkey legs, Mickey shaped pretzels, and pineapple sorbet whipped up in the blender like a Dole Whip for dessert. This would be a great surprise for kids who have been to Disney World before and will understand what these foods mean. A Disney breakfast featuring Mickey waffles is great for little ones!