Thank you to Medtronic for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to give back to my community!
We are so lucky. I never have to look far to find someone who could use a little helping hand of some sort. Whether this is food, a hug, a job, or even just an ear to listen. This holiday season I am so inspired by the stories of the Bakken Honorees. Medtronic selected 10 honorees from around the world who have overcome a life-changing medical challenge and realized how precious life truly is. They realized that they were granted a second opportunity to live each day to the fullest. One story that truly touched me is that of Krystal Boyea. You can read the stories of everyone here.
I was inspired to write a post about 5 easy ways anyone can give back. Medtronic has given me the ability to hold a giveaway for a $100 Visa gift card for someone to use to give back to their community. Here are 5 easy ways I thought of from my life experiences.
1. Donating clothes to your local NICU- My daughter was born premature and we were lucky that she only had to spend 2 weeks in the NICU. I learned so much then though. The babies in the NICU wear clothes that have been donated, but the pickings were pretty slim. The clothes were rarely the sizes they needed. This inspired me to donate all my barely worn baby clothes. With $100 and a great sale, this could supply your local NICU with a good amount of baby clothes.
2. Blankets for your local shelter- Thrift stores are often a great place to find a great deal. $100 can buy a lot of blankets that your local shelter would be happy to have.
3. Diapers for your local women’s shelter- Shelters offer a safe place for women and children, but diapers can be very expensive. $100 can buy a much needed supply of diapers for your local women’s shelter.
4. Food Donation- Do you know how much canned goods $100 can buy? A LOT! A little tip, try to buy low or no salt added canned goods as well as fruit in water, not in syrup. Give the gift of healthier canned goods.
5. Donate toys to your local shelter- There are many kids in shelters who won’t get a gift this holiday season. $100 could buy gifts and wrapping paper. Even coloring books and crayons from the dollar store and go a long way.
Enter the $100 Visa gift card giveaway below to help giveback to your community.
a Rafflecopter giveaway