Whether your spouse, best friend, or a random stranger is a runner, here are some things to say that are guaranteed to make them very happy:
2. The race is only $175, you should totally do it. You can’t put a price on a medal that is that awesome.
3. You totally need another pair of running shoes. A pair for each day of the week is totally normal.
4. Do you want to go carb load at your favorite restaurant?
5. I think you are the coolest person I know for running a marathon.
6. Those running tights make your butt look fast!
7. I’ll do the dishes so you can go for a run.
8. The NYC Marathon lottery called and made a mistake, you are IN after all!
9. Do you want me to help you foam roll? I promise I won’t laugh while you are crying.
10. I got you a subscription for Runner’s World because I love and appreciate that you love and appreciate running.
11. I don’t think you have enough medals, so I researched some more races for you based on size and awesomeness of their medals and here is my report I typed up with color pictures.
12. I’ll watch the kids, you go run for as long as you want.