People hear the word marathon and sometimes think crazy things. Here are some things NOT to say to someone training for a marathon.
1. “Do you think you will win?”- Ummmmm no…I actually know for a fact that I will not win. I’m not being negative, I just can’t beat all 25,000 other people running.
2. “How long is the marathon you are doing? I did a 3 mile one once.”- Congrats that you ran a race. That is awesome. The marathon I am running is 26.2…because that is the distance of a marathon.
5. “All you get is a medal?”- And the ability to say I’m a marathon runner, Duh!
6. “Don’t you get tired?”- Yes, of course I get tired. Don’t you get tired after a long day at work? Now imagine that plus 15 more miles to run.
7. “How long is the swim portion of the race?”- Hopefully there won’t be a swim portion unless it rains really hard. I am running a marathon…not a triathlon.
8. “I don’t get it or understand why people do that.”- Then I guess you won’t be running a marathon 🙂
Good luck to everyone out there “in training”. You kick serious asphalt! I will “see” you at the races.
Here are some other posts you might like: