I haven’t always been a runner. If you follow along you know the story of how I stumbled into it and if you don’t then go read all my posts and catch up (haha). Here are 10 things that running has taught me:
1. My body is capable of doing far more than I ever thought it could endure.
2. Things that I never thought could chafe CAN.
3. Every sport has bullies, but also heroes and running is no different. Just because you don’t run 6 minute miles doesn’t mean you aren’t a runner and don’t let anyone tell you different.
4. You need a strategy. There is no exception. Grocery shopping, cleaning house, and even running 18 miles all require a strategy.
5. If you want to have a conversation with God, run a marathon. It will happen around mile 20.
6. There is something more painful than a 20 mile training run and it is called a foam roller. It will become your sadistic friend. Just go with it though, it helps.
7. I hate being in a crowd of 15,000 people…unless it is while running a marathon, then it is the best thing ever!
8. It isn’t just about training your body, it is also about training your mind. If your mind wants to give up it is way harder to over come that than anything physical. This goes for everything in life.
9. Running really IS cheaper than therapy. (Except for the new shoes every 4 months, the race fees, hotel rooms, plane flights, super cute running skirts, and carb loading).
10. Running has made me better. A better mom, better physically, better mentally, and a better human being.
What has running taught you?
Here are some other posts you might like: