While I was looking and figuring out my race calendar for 2013, I was marking the dates for when registration opens for them since most sell out quickly. I thought that it could also be helpful to some of you. Again, these are some of MY favorite races.
1. Disneyland Half Marathon August 30-September 1, 2013
Registration opens: January 22, 2013
runDisney has also announced the addition of a 10K race the day before the half marathon and if you do both you can get the Dumbo Double Dare medal.
2. Marine Corp. Marathon, Washington DC October 27, 2013
Registration opens: March 27, 2013 (FYI, the registration for this race lasted all of 2 hours before it sold out in 2012)
3. OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon, Indianapolis May 4, 2013 (One of the largest in the country)
Registration is currently open until sold out
4. More/Fitness Magazine Women’s Half Marathon NYC April 14, 2013
Registration opens: January 2013
5. Rock N Roll Las Vegas Strip at Night November 17, 2013
Registration is currently open
6. The San Francisco Giants Half Marathon, Date TBD but usually mid September
Registration Typically opens in April
7. Chicago Half Marathon, September 8, 2013
Registration currently open
8. RunDisney Wine and Dine Half Marathon at Walt Disney World, Nov. 8-9 , 2013
Registration date currently not listed, usually opens In March
9. Nike Women’s Marathon San Francisco, Usually In October
Registration is usually a lottery system with entry for the lottery in April
10. Support a local race. As fun as the big races are, sometimes a small local race ends up being a favorite. Pick a random local race that you haven’t done before.