1. You know those people that say running is such a cheap sport because all you need is shoes? They lie. New shoes every 3 months, race fees for all those races you just can’t say no to, hotels for those racecations that you just couldn’t say no to, medal hangers to display the medals from those races that you just couldn’t say no to. Then comes special hydration products because water just doesn’t cut it anymore and don’t forget the cutest running skirt ever that you saw at the mall. GPS watch, sunglasses that won’t fog, $10 socks, foam roller, race expo shopping and the bumper sticker that says “27.3 I got lost”. It all adds up.
2. Running in shorts isn’t for all people. No fun for those of us with thighs, BUT Body Glide is an amazing thing!
3. Peanut butter Gu- Tastes like peanut butter, not like metallic fruit energy gel.
4. The difference between stability and neutral shoes. Lesson learned the hard way. (sprained foot)
6. “I’m only doing a half. I will never do a marathon”. Yes…you will. That is what I said when I was training for my first half. I ran a full 4 months later.
7. Runners are an amazing community of people that will help pick you up if you fall down and they aren’t as intimidating as they look.
8. Investing in a good GPS watch and knowing your pace is important, that way you won’t line up with 6 minute mile people at your first race and practically be trampled when the race starts.
9. Not all sports bras are created equal. Find the one that works for YOU and it will change your life.
10. Runners come in all shapes and sizes and I don’t have to be embarrassed to say I’m a runner just because I’m not a size 2.
Here are some other posts you mights like: