Thank you to Mizuno in partnership with FitFluential for sponsoring today’s post. All opinions are always my own.
Let’s talk about the new Mizuno Wave Sky. These are a great edition to the the Mizuno Wave line. I have worn Mizuno Wave Riders for a long time and these provide a little more cushion without feeling like you are wearing a huge shoe. The women’s weigh in at only 9.3 oz and have a 10mm ramp. It redefines the max cushioning experience plus, a redesigned anatomical sock liner helps ensure you get the most comfortable fit possible.
The Mizuno Wave Technology® provides runners with a stable ride from landing to toe-off. The Wave Sky features a redesigned Neutral Wave plate with cloudwave technology for softer cushioning and an enhanced responsive feel.
I love them! I am a little picky when it comes to the toe box on running shoes, but the Wave Sky has the perfect size and shaped toe box. I am a neutral runner and I don’t like overly cushiony shoes, but these don’t feel like that. They are so comfortable and smooth without feeling bulky. If you are a neutral runner and looking for a new trainer I definitely recommend giving these a try.
Click here to check out more information about the Mizuno Wave Sky.
Last summer a friend and I hiked to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. It was a bucket list item for me. I won’t lie, it was tough, but it was also really amazing. As we were coming down we both agreed we didn’t need to do it again. Well, much like a marathon, we are of course doing it again. We want to beat our previous time. The training has begun. Hills, hills and more hills followed by some stair climbing at the gym. After hiking it the first time and we now have a better plan of what to do, what to bring, etc. I’m excited for Half Dome 2.0 2017!
Here is a short video to give you an idea of our hike last year.
Have you hiked Half Dome or have it on your bucket list?
Life can get busy, but our tiny humans love us unconditionally and we need to remember to foster their growth. Some of these are probably something you say regularly, but a little reminder never hurt.
- “You are so smart”- Every child should be reminded how smart they are because at school it is natural to compare themselves to others and they need a cheerleader on their side.
- “Can I have a hug”- As our kids get older the hugs get fewer, but it is still important to squeeze them every now and then.
- Laughter- This isn’t words, but the act of laughing. If they tell you a joke, laugh. Your laughter is often the best kind of approval they are looking for.
- “I am so proud of you”- This is so important to tell them overtime they do something that makes you proud and sometimes we forget or take it for granted.
- “That was awesome!”- When they do a cartwheel or jump off the curb on their bike, show them how excited you are.
- “What do you think about…?”- They want you to ask for their opinion about various things in life. Ask them what they think about something going on in the news or at their school and get their advice and opinions.
- “You make my heart happy”- I love this because it just makes a person smile.
- “I am so glad I am your mom/dad”- Reassure them that you are so happy they are your kid. Again, kids compare themselves to others and make sure they know they are special.
- “What do you want to do today?”- Sometimes our lives are so planned that we rarely ask our kids what they want to do that day. We may think they want to go to go the trampoline place, but ask them and maybe they want to go to the park instead? Give them a choice every now and then.
- “I love you”- This is a given, but sometimes it becomes so routine that we take it for granted. Grab their face, look them in the eyes, and tell them you love them.
What are some things that you make a point of saying to your kids?
This post is sponsored by Adidas Golf. All opinions are always my own.
Father’s Day is around the corner. Does the dad in your life golf? If so you are in luck because this whole post is filled with gift ideas for the golfing dad! I have partnered with Adidas Golf for some lessons and I have to say that I have totally fallen in love with the game. It is so fun to go out with my family and play, but also fun to hit the driving range by myself on a beautiful sunny day. No matter how dad likes his golf, these gifts are sure to please. You can use code HalfCrazy20 for 20% off everything at AdidasGolf.com
- Adicross Primeknit Golf Shoes– Get dad fun new golf shoes that are also super stylish.
- Climaproof Heather Rain Jacket– A nice jacket is always a good gift.
- Climacool Ultimate 365 Airflow Textured Grid Shorts– These shorts are the best looking golf shorts I’ve ever seen.
- Backpack– This backpack is made for the golfer. It has compartments for shoes, water bottles, valuables, and much more.
- Climachill Chevron Print Polo– I love the retro look of this polo and I’m sure dad will too!
- KumaCross 2.0 Sunglasses– Every man can use new sunglasses.
- Competition 1/4 Zip– This is a great looking 1/4 zip that dad can use to layer on a chilly morning.
- Adipure Flex Golf Shoes– There is something so nice about a clean and classic looking golf shoe. Dad will love them!
- Climacool 2D Camo Stripe Polo– This is a really sharp looking polo that I’m sure any dad would be proud to sport.
- Ultimate 365 3-Stripes Pant– I love this BlastBlue color, but don’t worry if that isn’t your thing. These pants come in a bunch of different color options.
Check out even more gear and gift ideas at AdidasGolf.com and remember to use code HalfCrazy20 to save 20% off everything (including women’s gear if you want to pick something out for yourself too).
Little Monkey and I ran The Color Run in San Jose. I saw they had a unicorn medal now, so how could we pass that up? Little Monkey is 7 and the 5k distance is perfect for her. She was really excited “to get messy”.
Here are 10 tips for running a color run.
- Wear White– This seems like a no brainer, but I always see so many people wearing black or a dark color at the color races. It makes it hard to see how colorful you get.
- Be Mindful at Color Stations– If you want more color, run towards the outside where the people are throwing the color powder. If you want less color then run in the center of the color station.
- Wear a Bandana Over Your Nose and Mouth– The color powder is like a big cloud at each color station. It isn’t fun to breath it in. Tie a bandana around your neck and pull it over your mouth and nose as your run through the color area.
- Wear Sunglasses or Goggles– The color powder can get in your eyes pretty easily, so wear something to protect them.
- You Can Pick Up Your Packet Race Morning– Yes, you can pick it all up race morning, but a lot of people do, so plan accordingly and get there early.
- They Don’t Have Free Gear Check– At the race I ran you could rent a locker for $5, so I would plan to leave everything in the car that I didn’t want to run with.
- Put Your Phone In a Ziplock Bag– The powder dust gets everywhere! Protect your phone and seal it up in a baggy.
- Blue Sometimes Stains a Little– I have run a bunch of color races and for some reason the blue is the only color I sometimes have trouble scrubbing off. I wouldn’t put that color all over your face. FYI
- If You Want to Run Fast Start Early– They send off waves every couple minutes. If you want to actually run then you want to be in one of the first couple of waves. These races attract a lot of families and walkers, which is great, but if you are further back it is really hard to run through the big crowd of non-runners.
- Bring a Change of Clothes– After the race you can brush a lot of the color off, but you probably won’t want to get in your car wearing all you color dusty clothes.
We ran through a total of 4 colors and a foam area. It was tons of fun to do with my daughter. I definitely recommend doing The Color Run with other people. It could be fun by yourself, but definitely more fun with other people.
Have you ever ran a color run?
This post was created in partnership with Stonyfield Organic and Walmart. All opinions are always my own.
Shopping for organic products is at the top of my priority list. I want to know that what I am feeding to my family is free from pesticides. The main argument I hear from people about buying organic is the price tag. I am here to tell you that doesn’t have to be the case. With these 3 tips shopping organic food can be just as affordable as it’s nonorganic counterpart.
- Shop produce that is in season. Organic produce that is out of season if obviously going to be way more expensive. Shop produce in season for the most affordable prices.
- You don’t have to shop at a health food store. Walmart has a good selection of organic foods at super affordable prices. They have an organic produce section and carry Stonyfield Organic Yogurt, among lots of other products. I bought an entire cart full of organic products for under $100 at Walmart!
- Hit the freezer section. Frozen organic produce is very affordable and still packed with great taste and nutritional value. Don’t be afraid to buy frozen if it helps fit your budget.
I found all our favorite organic products at Walmart for a fraction of the price that I pay other stores. Did you now Walmart carries a lot of organic foods?
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are always my own.
Summer is upon us. Here are some products to help you survive summer that you never knew you needed, but you totally do!
- Pool Lounge Chair Towel– Tired of having your towel not being big enough or falling off of the chaise lounge constantly? Problem solved.
- Finger Covers– Your kids are home from school and getting grease, chocolate, and Cheeto dust all over the furniture? Never fear, fingers covers are here!
- Cold/Hot Therapy Wrap for Hand, Foot, Wrist, and Elbow– Cool your tired feet off with this cold wrap.
- Giant Unicorn Pool Float– I don’t think this one even needs an explanation as to why you need it this summer.
- Mr. Pumice Bar– Keep your feet flip flop ready all summer long.
- Little Mermaid Bikini-Need a new bathing? Why not be a mermaid?
- Old School Swim Cap– Protect your hair while swimming this summer, but do it in a retro way! This latex swim cap makes me wish I was a synchronized swimmer. They come in different colors too.
- Shatterproof Unbreakable Plastic Wine Glasses– We all know you shouldn’t have glass around pool, so these unbreakable wine glasses are just what the doctor ordered for poolside day drinking.
- Foldable Dog Pet Pool– Don’t let your fur baby feel left out this summer. Get them a pet pool!
- Yardzee Giant Wood Lawn Dice– This might be the best lawn game invention ever! Yahtzee meets horseshoes for some summer fun.
I’m a huge Disney fan. Most of you probably are too. Growing up almost all the movies I watched were Disney. Here are 10 old Disney movies that you need to watch again. How many do you remember?
- Pollyanna (1960)
- The Absent Minded Professor (1961)
- Treasure Island (1950)
- Davy Crockett (1955)
- Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
- Babes in Toyland (1961)
- The Sword and the Stone (1963)
- Fun & Fancy Free (1947)
- The Shaggy Dog (1959)
- The Sign of Zorro (1960)
Have you seen them all before? Which one is your favorite?
Next up for me is Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Half Marathon! I have never ran a race in San Diego before. Crazy, right? There are some hills, but overall the elevation looks to end with more downhills than up. I like a downhill finish.
Here are the medals for the 5k, half marathon, full marathon, and the relay. You can also earn this beauty called the Remix Challenge medal for running the 5k on Saturday and then either the half or the full on Sunday.
Who will I be seeing in San Diego?
Instagram is probably my favorite social media platform. To me a great account is one that posts a picture that makes you stop scrolling and start day dreaming. A great account is also beautiful when you look at their thumbnails as a whole. Here are 10 Instagram accounts you should be following:
- @DisneySisters– These sisters have such a fun Disney themed account. Their pictures are beautiful and it is like being at the park everyday.
- @SusanPazera– Susan’s photos are exquisite and make me want to travel the world. If you aren’t already following along, you should be.
- @According2Kelly– She has the happiest smile I have ever seen and pair that with a love of Disney and running and you have an Instagram account that is sure to cheer you up any day of the week. She also makes me wish I had a donut cake for my birthday (scroll through her Insta feed and you will understand).
- @OhHappyDay– This account makes me want to live in a world of rainbows and balloons. Super cheerful, hence the name Oh Happy Day! If you are looking for party ideas you won’t want to pass up this account.
- @GarminOutdoor– Garmin has lots of accounts, but this one is a must following. The photos are breathtaking.
- @MySplendidLiving– Amazing travel, tablescapes and lifestyle photos. This account makes me want to travel to far off places, read a book my a pool with a great cup of coffee, get all new beautiful dishes and to have an elegant dinner party.
- @Holins_Trail_Hustle– This gal makes me wish I was out on the trails. Her photos are beautiful and motivating.
- @ShesOnTheGoTravel– I love accounts that have beautiful photos from around the world. This account is a collaboration of 6 women and pictures from their amazing travels.
- @InstaRunners– This account features some of the best running pictures from all over Instagram. Tag your photos with #Instarunners and you might get featured, but it better be a beautiful picture.
- @Vitamix– Did you know that Vitamix has beautiful photos on their Insta account? They totally do! And they may give you some good ideas on delicious food to cook up.
If you want you can find me over on Instagram at @HalfCrazyMama (shameless plug). Share your Instagram handle and also let us know some of your favorite accounts.