- 1 ½ lbs extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2-3 tsps chili powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ¾ tsp dried basil leaves
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp onion salt
- Saute the ground turkey and chopped onion, along with the chopped garlic until turkey is cooked.
- Put cooked turkey mix into slow cooker.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Cook on low in the slow cooker for 8 hours
- Top with whatever anyone wants like chopped onion, sour cream, cheese, or just enjoy by itself.