Thank you to the businesses that hosted us during our visit. All opinions are always my own.
We recently visited the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee area. Dollywood is in the area, which is a big attraction, but I thought I would highlight 10 other things to do.
- The Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster– This is hands down, one of the most fun things I’ve ever done. It is almost like a bobsled ride in that you are all on your own and brake yourself if you want to slowdown. Little Monkey rode with me and we both were laughing and screaming the whole time.
- Zipline in the Smokies– If you have never done a zipline or you have a child who is younger and wants to try one this is a great course for that. Little Monkey did it with me and it was her first time. You don’t have to brake yourself on any of the lines, which makes it a lot easier. Minimum Age is 5 yrs and the weight limit is 45 lbs to 250 lbs. Call ahead to book your reservation.
- Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail– This is a beautiful drive that is a little over 6 miles on a one way road through the Smoky Mountains National Park. It has various places to park and hike and old cabins to look at. It is some of the most beautiful nature you will ever see.
- Rafting in the Smokies– The rafting trip has some difficulty while not being too difficult. It is a great way to cool off in the summer and is an adventure the whole family will remember.
- WonderWorks– My daughter loved doing this. Her favorite was laying on the bed of nails. There are lots of exhibits and experiments here. It is totally indoors and is also a great place to go on a hot day.
- Ober Gatlinburg– There is lots to do including the Aerial Tramway, which takes you high up the mountain. Get an amazing view of the area and the Smoky Mountains.
- The Island Pigeon Forge– The Island is a shopping area and has lots of entertainment as well. Little Monkey did this crazy ropes course and we rode on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel. This is also where Margaritaville is. Don’t miss the fun fountain show.
- Shopping Downtown Gatlinburg– Downtown Gatlinburg is super cute with fun antique stores, little souvenir shops, and lot of dining options. Pigeon Forge definitely seems much more commercial and you have to drive a lot of places, while this little area at downtown Gatlinburg is nice to walk around at.
- Hollywood Wax Museum– If you feel like doing a fun indoor tourist activity the Hollywood Wax Museum fits the bill. Lot’s of great photo opportunities and great air conditioning.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine Tasting– Moonshine tasting isn’t something that I get to do in California, so it was a lot of fun to do this in Tennessee. They have a location at The Island. I believe we paid $5 for the tasting and tried around 13 different flavors. Super fun for the adults.
We loved our time in the Smoky Mountains. You really can’t go wrong in this area because there is so much to do.