Still working on your summer plans? Make sure Disneyland is on the list because here are 10 really good reasons why you need to go:
- Dole While Cotton Candy- You had me at Dole Whip. I love that refreshing pineapple taste and getting my hands on a bag of this confectionary treat is a top priority!
- Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: Breakout!– If you were a fan of Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure then you won’t want to miss the newly reimagined attraction. It officially opens May 27, 2017.
- Main Street Electrical Parade– The date for this all time favorite electrifying nighttime spectacular has been extended to August 20, 2017, so hurry up because you won’t want to miss it!
- Dancing at Disneyland– According to the Disney Parks Blog, live music is returning to the stage at Tomorrowland Terrace, with bands performing hits from the ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s and today. Beginning May 26, look for live music in Tomorrowland every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, from 7:30-11:15 p.m. Different bands will be appearing through August 20, so be sure to check the entertainment schedule before your visit. If swing is your thing, there’s also the Royal Swing Big Band Ball in Fantasy Faire, with fantastic live swing music and jazz every Saturday night from 7-10:30 p.m.
- Pirates of the Caribbean 50th Anniversary– A trip to Disneyland isn’t complete without a ride on this swashbuckling attraction and help it celebrate 50 years!
- Disneyland Hotel Pool– Hands down the best way to cool off this summer! Book a stay at the Disneyland Hotel because it is like having your own waterpark right outside.
- Splash Mountain– This is one of my favorite attractions. I remember when I was a kid and being at Disneyland the summer it opened. My dad and I waited in line 2 hours to ride it and it was worth every second of that wait! (Don’t worry, Disneyland now has a FastPass for Splash Mountain). One thing about Splash Mountain though is you get wet, that is what makes this attraction so fun on a hot summer day.
- Fantasmic!– 25 years ago Fantasmic! debuted at Disneyland Park and now this summer it returns and newly reimagined. Disney Parks Blog shared that upon its return, “Fantasmic!” will feature new magic, including new mist screens that will combine with innovative, state-of-the-art projection technology for brighter and more vibrant visuals. The show will also feature new scenes inspired by Disney animated classics such as “Aladdin”; one of the dazzling new scenes finds Aladdin and Jasmine floating over a bed of fog on their flying carpet during “A Whole New World.” Keep an eye out for its debut date!
- D23 Expo– This ultimate fan event happens only every 2 years. It is the Comic-Con of Disney. You won’t want to miss it happening July 14-16 at the Anaheim Convention Center. After the expo closes enjoy the summer nights at the parks. Buy your tickets before they sell out!
- Mickey Ice Cream Bar- No summer is complete without biting into one of these mouse shaped treats. I scream, you scream, we all scream for Mickey Mouse ice cream!
What are some of your favorite summer reasons to visit the Disneyland Resort?