Races are harder to find in the summer months because it is hotter during that time of year, not like Fall and Spring when races abound. Fear not, I have you covered! Here are the top 10 summer races to keep you running:
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Chicago– While it may be hot, running in Chicago is always fun. Treat yourself to to some Garrett Popcorn after. Use code RNB15 for $15 off the half marathon.
- San Francisco Marathon– There will definitely be hills, but typically San Francisco doesn’t get crazy hot, so this could be a great race for you. If you don’t want to run a full marathon they also offer a half marathon (2 actually).
- Thelma & Louise Half Marathon– Grab your favorite partner in crime and head to Utah for this half marathon.
- Santa Rose Marathon– Do you love wine? Then the Santa Rosa Marathon might be a great destination race for you. The expo is even held at a vineyard! Don’t worry, they offer every distance from a marathon to a 5k.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Seattle– Seattle is known for cool weather, so what could be better for a summer race right? RnR Seattle also has a Remix Challenge so you can earn 3 medals for running 2 races!
- Missoula Marathon– Running through Missoula Montana is destined to be beautiful and summer is the perfect time to do so.
- Prairie Dog Half Marathon– To be honest, I don’t know much about the race, but seriously, who doesn’t love prairie dogs right? I know the race is in the summer in Colorado and is probably really pretty.
- The Badlands Trail Run– This race sounds like the perfect excuse for checking out a national park and they have a ton of distances to choose from. 50 miler, 50k, marathon, 16 miler, half marathon, and 10k, pick your poison!
- Cheesehead Run Half Marathon– It is coined as the “cheesiest race in the world”. Sounds like fun to me! Put on your running shoes and head to Wisconsin.
- Old Port Half Marathon– This race is in Portland, Maine and the pictures I’ve seen have been breathtaking.
What is your favorite summer race?