I love the holidays. This may be partly because I love to bake and share with others. We all have holiday parties to attend and many require us to bring a sweet treat. Here are 2 simple recipes that are crowd pleasers.
WinCo Foods is a great place to get your baking products. I love the bulk bins. You can find tons of what I like to call “add ins” for you cookies, cakes and treats.
Chocolate Chip Chex Treats- Holiday Rice Chex Recipe
6 cups Rice Chex Cereal
3 tablespoons butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Melt butter and marshmallows together.
2. Combine Rice Chex and melted marshmallows together in a bowl and stir. Add chocolate chips and stir again. A lot of them will melt because of the warm marshmallow.
3. Grease baking dish and put the mix in the dish. Grease your hand and push down evenly in pan.
4. If you would like you can add chocolate chips to the top and press down so they stick to the mix. I got the chocolate chips in the bulk bins at WinCo Foods.
1. Prepare the cake and let cool.
2. Trim so the layers will be even. I alternate between the yellow and Devil’s Food cake for the layers.
3. Cut a circle out of center layer. You can use a cereal bowl as a stencil.
4. Put frosting between each layer as you stack them. Before putting on the final layer pour the M&M’s in the center. You don’t have to use M&M’s if you don’t want. The bulk bins at WinCo Foods has tons of candy choices.
5. Place the top layer on and frost the cake.
You can download coupons here to help you save money while planning your holiday meal. Save $1 on Bulk Foods when you buy four Better Crocker SuperMoist Cake Mix or Ready to Spread Frosting and save $1 on Bulk Foods when you buy any two boxes of Chex cereal.
I have a giveaway for $10 PayPal Cash that can help you with your holiday baking! Enter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway