Planning a trip to Disney World is absolutely magical. Telling your children they get to go to Disney World is a lifetime memory. Here are 7 ways to surprise your kids that they are going to Disney World.
1. Scavenger Hunt- Make clues which have them gather things like a bathing suit, a stuffed Mickey, good comfortable walking shoes, and have the final clue be that they need to pack these items to go to Disney World.
2. Jigsaw Puzzle- You can order your own custom made puzzle with a picture of Disney World or words that say “We are going to Disney World!” ShutterFly.com does great photo puzzles.
3. Word Jumble- Mix up all the letters of Disney World and have the kids work together to figure it out. P.S. “Weird Lonys” is not the answer.
4. Balloon Box- Fill a box with Mickey balloons, so when they open it the balloons fly out.
5. Character Call- With some Disney vacation packages you get a redemption code for a character to call your child. There are other websites where you can pay to have a “character” call your child. For young ones who can’t read this is a really fun option.
6. Make A Video- Record a video that will reveal the surprise. Make a bowl of popcorn like it is movie night and sit down with the family to watch it. I always like the sneaky parents who hold up signs behind the kids back for a month and then play the video of what was going on right behind them and they didn’t even know.
7. Disney Themed Dinner- Make a Disney World themed dinner including huge turkey legs, Mickey shaped pretzels, and pineapple sorbet whipped up in the blender like a Dole Whip for dessert. This would be a great surprise for kids who have been to Disney World before and will understand what these foods mean.
Have you surprised your kids with a trip to Disney World? I would leave to hear how you did it.