Thank you to Mezzetta for sponsoring today’s post and recipe.
My family had many holiday recipes. One of my favorites was always the artichoke spinach dip. I have always loved it, but the traditional way is certainly not very healthy. I made a recipe that still brings back those happy holiday memories, but saves on the calories and fat. This recipe certainly doesn’t skimp on flavor though with the help of Mezzetta.
Healthier Artichoke Spinach Dip
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Romano cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 garlic cloves chopped
2 jars (6.5 ounce jars) Mezzetta Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
1 (8-ounce) fat free cream cheese
1 5oz package fresh spinach, wilted
If you like things a little spicy you can add some chopped Mezzetta Jalapeños or Mezzetta Hot Chili Peppers.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Wilt spinach in a saute pan and drain liquid from the wilted spinach.
3. Combine 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella, sour cream, 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, black pepper, garlic, chopped artichoke hearts, cream cheese and spinach in a bowl.
4. Put the mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and remaining Romano cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
5. Serve with crackers, bread, vegetables or tortilla chips.
I find that the Mezzetta Marinated Artichoke Hearts adds an extra element of flavors that makes this recipe still taste very decadent. Your guests would never know it is a healthier version.
Mezzetta is offering a downloadable $.50 off coupon on any Mezzetta products. The coupon is available at this link from December 1st through December 31st.
Mezzetta Favorites Holiday Gift Basket includes:
• 100% Italian Estate Grown Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Golden Greek Peperoncini
• Garlic Stuffed Olives
• Castelvetrano Olives
• Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
• Roasted Marinated Red & Yellow Sweet Bell Peppers
• Cocktail Onions
• 1 Apron (from House Party contents)
• 1 Metal Olive Spoon (from House Party contents)
• 1 Tote Bag (from House Party contents)
• 1 Ceramic Bowl”
What is your favorite holiday recipe that brings back fond holiday memories?