I hear parents say all the time that they can’t wait to go to Disneyland, but want their kids to be a little older so they will be able to do activities too. I tell them that there is PLENTY to do at the Disneyland Resort with a toddler. Some of my favorite Disneyland memories are from when my daughter was a toddler. Everything is extra magical at that age. Here are my top 10 favorite things to do with a toddler at the Disneyland Resort:
1. Small World– This classic attraction is a feast for a toddler’s eyes, plus the music is pretty catchy too 😉
2. Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree– This ride is located in Cars Land at California Adventure. My daughter affectionately calls it the “spinning tractors” (which is a pretty good description).
3. Disney Junior- Live On Stage!– If your toddler is a fan of Disney Junior shows (or even if they aren’t) they will love this show. It features Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First puppets on stage. It is really cute and is also located at California Adventure.
4. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage– Who doesn’t love Nemo? On this ride your toddler gets to look out a porthole on the submarine and see some of their favorite characters from Finding Nemo.
5. Mickey’s Toontown– You don’t even need to ride the rides in Toontown for a toddler to love it. There are lots of play aresa back in Toontown that is great to help burn off some energy.
6. Princess Dot Puddle Park– This is a splash and play area in Bugs Land at California Adventure. Bring a change of clothes and watch them beat some of the Southern California heat.
7. Ariel’s Undersea Adventure– This is a ride that takes you through the story of The Little Mermaid. The music is fun, the colors are bright and you ride around in a giant clamshell. Toddlers love it.
8. Fantasyland– All of Fantasyland is filled with great attractions for toddlers. Fly on Dumbo, sail above London on Peter Pan’s Flight, ride in a monkey cage on the Casey Jr. Circus Train, take a spin in a teacup and much more. You can even stand next to the horse while your tot rides the carrousel.
9. The Animation Building at California Adventure– First, this might be the best place to just hang out in the whole Disneyland Resort. Second, it has huge floor to ceiling screens that play clips of Disney movies along with songs. In this building is also where “Turtle Talk With Crush” is. A super cute interactive show where Crush the sea turtle talks to the audience.
10. The Parades- Kids of all ages love the Disney parades. Currently there is the Pixar Play Parade at California Adventure and Mickey’s Soundsational Parade at Disneyland during the day. Be sure not to miss the Paint the Night parade after it gets dark. Toddlers will be in awe.
There is plenty more to do at the Disneyland Resort with your little one, but this will get your feet wet 🙂