1. I am afraid of mustard. Yes I am telling the truth. I don’t just not like mustard, I am actually afraid of it like someone would be afraid of spiders. Really weird…I know.
2. I have on sister who is 7.5 years older than me. My parents didn’t think they could have anymore kids and poof along came me 🙂
3. I am almost legally blind. I wear contacts and glasses. I sleep in my glasses every single night. This started when my daughter was born and she weighed 3 lbs 15 ozs and would “lose her oxygen” at times and I would wake up every 15 minutes to check on her. Instead of reaching for my glasses every time it was just a lot easier to sleep in my glasses.
4. I am Irish, Norwegian, Swedish and German.
5. I played soccer and field hockey when I was younger, but was never a “runner”. That only started when my daughter was born.
6. I love lachsschinken and if you know what that is I will probably love you too. haha It is really hard to find though and only one specialty grocery store in my area carries it.
7. My father passed away from colon cancer when I was 16. He was only 49 and I am still convinced he was the best man ever 🙂
8. If I get to watch TV and Dirty Dancing is on I will watch it again and again and again.
9. I LOVE shoes. I think gorgeous shoes are like art and I like to “collect” them.
10. My husband is not a runner at all and “doesn’t get it”, but he is still proud of me.
11. I went to England, France, Switzerland and Senegal Africa all before I was 16 years old and the impact those trips had on my life was amazing. I strongly believe that travel is one of the best educators and I can’t wait to take my daughter to certain places too.
12. I am a really good bocce ball player.
13. Please don’t get mad, but I don’t understand why people love ranch so much? Blue cheese is SO much better. I will dip almost anything in blue cheese which is why I don’t have it in my house. Not super healthy.
14. I already told you I’m afraid of mustard, but I also don’t like most condiments. I’m not afraid of ketchup though, just don’t like it. Same with mayonnaise.
15. When I was pregnant I craved milk and also Cuties (seedless tangerines). Weird.
16. I have 4 of the best friends in the world. I have known one since preschool, one since 7th grade and 2 since freshman year in high school. That means that we have been best friends for over half my life and I love it that way. Sisters from another mother. We are all so different which is why I think I love them all so much. They all compliment the things that I am not and fill in the blanks for me.
17. I love cooking, entertaining and hosting parties.
18. In the Inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon, I was running and not paying attention and looking at this dad with 2 little girls holding signs cheering on their mom and I tripped over a road reflector and fell! Bad!! Like slid along the pavement and ended up bloody. Bloody knee, both hands and my whole forearm. I had just finished running the Goofy Challenge at Disney World and was also getting my coast to coast medal at this race, so I was determined to finish. This was at mile 5 when I fell. I found an aid station around mile 7 that assisted in removing the gravel from my wounds, bandaged me and made me promise that I was ok to finish. I did with a time of 2 hours and 34 minutes and a little bit of a limp.
19. I have the absolute worst handwriting in the whole wide world. I wish I could change it. My handwriting has been compared to a drunk 4 year old writing with their foot. 🙁
20. I have a birthmark, that is actually a hemangioma, on my right arm. I have been asked about it my whole life and here are some of the things people ask: is it ring worm? cigar burn? reaction to a shot? allergic reaction? bruise? bite mark? eczema? was I punched?
21. I am VERY allergic to avocado. Not just hives, like violently ill and feel like I’m dying. This didn’t develop until I was older though. I don’t have to eat it for the reaction to happen. Even if my food is cut with a knife that has just cut an avocado I will get ill. A big bummer for a person who loves sushi and mexican food 🙁
22. I took 5 years of French in school and still wish everyday that I took Spanish.
23. My name is Emelia, but almost my whole life everyone has called me Emy.
24. I started my blog to be able to share my life stories with friends and my daughter when she got older. I never thought anyone would actually read it, so thank you for reading and I love hearing about your life stories.
25. I met my husband at a 4th of July party. It is now one of my favorite holidays 🙂
I would love to hear a random thing about you! Anyone else afraid of mustard, because that would make me feel a little better about myself 😉