I got a sneak peek at the new San Francisco American Girl Store yesterday. It is technically in Palo Alto, not San Francisco, but that works me because it is closer 🙂
My mom , daughter and I all headed up to Stanford Shopping Center to get a take a look before the store has the grand opening on Saturday.
This weekend they are having lots of fun activities, but they are expecting a large crowd, so plan accordingly.
They have their signature bistro and the doll hair salon, which we took my daughter’s doll Marie Grace to for a new hair style.
I grew up looking through the American Girl catalog and wanting one so bad. They only had 3 different dolls back in those days. One of which was Molly, the cute little brunette who wears the glasses and I just found out she is being retired. My daughter got her doll at the LA store and it was so much fun and a very big deal when we went and got her.
We had such a fun time visiting the new American Girl San Francisco store. If you are planning to visit here is some helpful information:
Grand Opening Information: November 16-17
To reduce guests waiting and observe fire-safety regulations, a ticket system will be used for American Girl Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto grand-opening weekend.
- It is recommended to park in parking garage #2
- Each person (including children) who wishes to enter the store will receive a ticket with an assigned group number.
- Ticket distribution for Saturday admittance begins at 7 a.m. on Saturday, November 16.
- Saturday tickets are valid for Saturday only.
- Ticket distribution for Sunday admittance begins at 8 a.m. on Sunday, November 17.
- Sunday tickets are valid for Sunday only.
- Lining up prior to 7 a.m. on Saturday, November 16 and 8 a.m. on Sunday, November 17 will not be permitted.
- Overnight camping is not allowed on property.
- When the store opens each day, groups will be announced in numerical order for admittance through the American Girl entrance adjacent to California Pizza Kitchen.
- You can shop or dine in Stanford Shopping Center until your group number is called, or, should you have a Bistro reservation, you can come directly to the Welcome Table as check-in is allowed two hours prior to your Bistro reservation time,whichever comes first.
- Ticket Alerts: Text Messaging will be available providing updates on current group numbers being admitted; details on text messaging will be available onsite.
- Signage: 22×28 signs will be located throughout Stanford Shopping Center, providing updates on current group numbers being admitted.
- Event staff and security officers will also be able to assist with information on what group numbers are being called
- All girls in attendance on Saturday 11/16 and Sunday 11/17 will receive a free gift.
- There will be free craft activities available in the mall on Saturday and Sunday.
- There will be live entertainment for guests waiting in line and in the mall, including face painters and balloon artists
- American Girl will also have drawings for a Saige doll (valued at $110) on 11/16 and 11/17.
- Purchase with Purchase Promotion – Get the exclusive Breakfast in Bed Set for $16 with a purchase of $50 or more. Available starting on November 13, 2013 through December 15, 2013 or while supplies last.
- American Girl has also designated Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford as its grand opening benefit partner. American Girl is providing funding to the hospital for various children’s programs.
For more information visit the American Girl Store website here.