It is no secret that I love runDisney races, but I also love everything that is offered at Disney World and Disneyland during those races. I highlight some of my favorite foods at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival too, which is what ECPOTFW stands for when you see it on the list 🙂
Here is my Top 10 List for Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend.
1. The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights- I get goosebumps every year when I see the lights. When the music plays and those lights dance it is like I become a kid again. I could spend hours just hanging out right there. This year they open November 8th which is the night before the Wine and Dine Half. Us runners also get the amazing privilege of running through them during the race.
2. Australia Marketplace/EPCOTFW- Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies. Yum!
3. Christmas shop- Ok, so I know it is early, but the merchandise is out and you have the pick of everything before it is sold out. Epcot is a great place for Christmas shopping. Norway for a Helly Hansen jacket, Japan for all sorts of odds and ends, Germany for schnapps and of course the Disney Christmas merchandise for the Disney lovers in your life.
4. Blizzard Beach Waterpark- This time of year the weather is PERFECT in Florida. It is a great time to enjoy the waterparks because they aren’t ridiculously hot. My whole family, including my 3 year old, loves to take the chair lift to the top and come down Teamboat Springs. It is the huge waterslide where the raft can hold 6 people. My 3 year old squeals with excitement and it is the cutest thing ever.
5. Greece Marketplace/EPCOTFW- All of it! I LOVE greek food and since they are all small portions get it all and share with your loved ones…or just eat it yourself 🙂
- Taste of Greece: grilled and marinated calamari, hitipiti, eggplant dip, olives and pita bread
- Griddled Greek cheese with pistachios and honey
- Chicken gyro with tzatziki Sauce
- Dannon Oikos® Blueberry Greek Nonfat Yogurt Cup
6. Cheddar Cheese Soup- If you don’t have a reservation to eat at Le Cellier inside Canada at Epcot, but want some cheese soup than check out the Canada Marketplace/EPCOTFW for some Canadian cheddar cheese soup.
7. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party- This fun holiday party at the Magic Kingdom requires a separate ticket and November 8 is already sold out, but if you are sticking around until Monday the 11th than check it out because tickets are currently (as I write this) still available. It offers a special holiday parade and fireworks and you even get free cookies and hot chocolate! The party is from 7pm until midnight. Here is the link for more information and tickets.
8. Shop the runDisney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Expo- I love poking around the race expo. runDisney always has great vendors at their race expos and I often find new products and information that I didn’t already know. Stop by the runDisney booth to check out all the fun upcoming medals too 🙂
9. Visit the new Fit2Run store at Downtown Disney- Rumor is this awesome new running store will be opening at Downtown Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend. Check them out! It is on the Westside near House of Blues and Splitsville. I think they will also have a booth at the expo so look for the booth for more info. I love running stores 🙂
10. Last, but not least, THE FINISH LINE PARTY- This fun party at Epcot is an awesome way to celebrate finishing a half marathon. At the party there is access to over 25 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival kiosks, select attractions at Epcot are open to ride, characters are out for meet and greets and there is fun music and entertainment.
What are some of your favorite things to do at Disney World during Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend?